If you are working abroad and your family resides in Singapore, then you may need to transfer some funds to them through bank transfer. However, just like other banks, usually the amount of transferrable funds will be limited.
Is it possible to change this transfer limit? Of course, you can do it! Make sure to read this article on how to change overseas transfer limit DBS thoroughly.
Changing Overseas Transfer Limit in DBS Bank Methods
It is common for a bank to apply transfer limits, whether it is for overseas transfer or for domestic transfer. As for DBS, the transfer limit ranges from S$500 to S$200,000. Typically, when you make your account, you will be told your transfer limits.
However, in some days your transfer limit may not be enough to handle your needs. Let’s say you want to send money to your family in Singapore, but your account doesn’t take more than the amount you want to transfer.
There are basically two internet-banking based methods in changing the transfer limit. Both of which require your digibank Online user ID and PIN. The methods are to change it through digibank Online, or using digibank Mobile. If possible, directly visit the nearest DBS branch could also be another option to pick.
Change Overseas Transfer Limit Using Digibank Online
This procedure covers the answer of how to change overseas transfer limit DBS question. It is relatively easy it can even be done in less than ten minutes.
- First of all, launch the DBS internet banking website and log in using your ID and PIN.
- Choose Transfer then click DBS Remit and Overseas Transfer. When prompted, complete the authentication process.
- Next, under Transfer Limit, click Update.
- Pick your new daily limit and submit the change simply by clicking Submit.
- Again, you will be prompted authentication instructions. Complete it and opt Finish to confirm the process.
Change Overseas Transfer Limit Using Digibank Mobile
That will be less tricky to change the transfer limit using digibank Mobile. All in your hand, what’s more to stop you from doing the procedure?
- Make sure you have installed the application already. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can download the app from App Store / Google Play depending on your phone OS.
- Login to Digibank account with Touch / Face ID or by entering your personal account information (username and PIN).
- Find and tap on More, choose Transfer settings.
- Next, tap on Overseas Transfer Limit.
- Now, pick one daily limit you wish to set.
- Tap Next, review the details to make sure you didn’t get the wrong limit.
- To validate, tap Change Daily Limit Now and the process is done.
You may also like: How to Change DBS Phone Number
As mentioned earlier, aside from these two procedures of how to change overseas transfer limit DBS, you can directly go to the nearest branch and ask for limit modification.
However, this may not be possible for some people as DBS nearest branch cannot be found in their country. If that’s the case, applying for digibank Online and setting the limit as explained above will be much preferable.