New to banking services or got a new account aside from your main one? If you are new to using POSB/DBS bank service, or having a new additional account, then you should activate your card before transacting with it.
Otherwise, you cannot use it for transferring funds, working with payment, or withdrawing some money. Is it difficult to do? Well, not at all! Find out how to activate new POSB/DBS card for first use in this article below.
POSB/DBS Card Activation
Every person finds it amusing to have a new saving account. For anyone who gets a card, that may make them looking at the card as if seeing something with full of pride. It sounds like a good start already. However, the joy will be retracted once you know your card is useless if you don’t activate it.
That’s why POSB/DBS requires you to activate your card simply by doing any of the procedures mentioned below. Pick one method to work with, and say no to baffle you soon!
Methods of POSB/DBS Card Activation
In order to activate your debit card, there are various methods you can use. These functional methods are as follows:
- SMS Banking
- Digibank Online
- Digibank Mobile banking
- POSB/DBS ATM
- Video Teller Machine (VTM), and
- Virtual Assistant.
For this article, the methods that we cover will be how to activate new POSB/DBS card for first use using SMS Banking, Digibank Online, ATM, VTM, Virual Assitant and Digibank Mobile Banking.
How to Activate Your New POSB/DBS Card
Among six methods mentioned above, these three are the most-common methods used by new user. This is because these methods are easier to do, although the other methods are easy as well.
Activate New POSB/DBS Card via SMS Banking
Send an SMS to 77767 with the format: Activate (space) last 4-digit of your card
For example: Activate 5214
Activate New POSB/DBS Card Using digibank Online
In short, digibank Online is the POSB/DBS kind of internet banking. To activate your card this way, you can do it as follows:
- Make sure you have set your internet banking user ID and PIN. If you have done it, simply go to digibank Online portal page and login with your identifying User ID and PIN.
- Below Cards menu, proceed by clicking Activate Credit Cards or Activate Debit & ATM Cards.
- When prompted, enter your 6-digit Secure PIN (token)
- Choose the card you wish to continue
- Read the terms and conditions, then if you agree simply click Next to validate your action.
You may also like: How to Apply for POSB/DBS Internet Banking
Activate New DBS/POSB Card Using digibank Mobile
If you choose this method, then you will have to download POSB/DBS digibank Mobile banking app beforehand.
- Make sure you have your mobile banking User ID and PIN already. If you have already set it, then simply login into your account.
- Tap on More, then choose menu Activate Cards which can be found under Manage Cards and Loans.
- Continue by choosing either Activate Credit Card or Activate Debit Card depending on which card you are using.
- Choose the card, and select Activate card to finalize the process.
Activate New DBS/POSB Card Using VTM
Find the nearest Video Teller Machine (VTM) using our Locator.
- Insert your NRIC, ATM/Debit/Credit Card or scan your Passport and complete the authentication process.
- Under Card Services, select Activate Card.
- Insert your inactive New ATM/Debit/Credit Card.
- Enter your New Card PIN received in a separate mail.
- Provide your NRIC Number, Nationality and Date of Birth.
- Press Confirm to complete the activation.
You may also like: How to Check POSB/DBS Account Balance Online
Activate New POSB/DBS Card Using ATM
For your information: ATM activation is available from 7am to 11pm (Mon-Sat) and 7am to 9.30pm (Sun and Public Holidays).
- Go to ATM machine.
- Insert your New ATM/Debit/Credit Card.
- Enter your New Card PIN* received in a separate mail.
- Select More Services.
- Select Cards/PIN/iBanking/Phone banking.
- Select Activate Card.
Next, please follow instructions on the ATM screen to complete activation.
Activate New POSB/DBS Card Via Virtual Asisstant
Activate your Card immediately via Virtual Assistant. Click here, please follow instructions on the screen to complete activation.
Do you find each of these procedures of how to activate new POSB/DBS card for first use easy to do? Remember, you still have several methods to opt from and you can also visit the branch directly for activation.