Are you planning to send some money to someone in Singapore? Regardless of why you need to transfer money to pay education bills to your children or send monthly allowance for your family, there are a few practical ways on how to transfer money from India to Singapore.
The guides below will show you how to transfer and exchange Indian rupees to Singapore dollars. You will find not only the most convenience options, but also methods that provide you with competitive fees and exchange rate from INR to SGD.
Send money to Singapore from India via Wise
Wise offers cost-effective and fair way to transfer money without any hidden charges and fees. Here are the steps to send money from India to Singapore using Wise:
- Register yourself by making Wise free account. This easy and quick process can be done through website or mobile app by providing your email address or social media accounts (Facebook or Google).
- Check the most recent exchange rate from INR to SGD by using Wise calculator, along with the time estimation it’d take to send your money.
- Confirm if you are transferring the money as individual or as business, then input personal information such as full name, date of birth, address, and contact numbers.
- Confirm the identity of your recipient by providing their information, along with the details of their bank account. You may send the money to another Wise account or a bank account holder.
- Wait until Wise display the summary of transfer, then click Confirm.
- Choose you payment method such as by bank transfer, credit card, and debit card. Each has slightly different steps so follow them accordingly.
Send money to Singapore from India via InstaReM
InstaReM is a company that provides service to send money across more than 60 countries at low cost. It was established in Singapore and 2014 and currently has branches and licenses in Singapore, Malaysia, India, Hong Kong, Australia, EU, USA, and Canada.
Here are the steps to send money from India to Singapore using InstaReM:
- Create your profile as customer in the official website of InstaReM by providing your name, date of birth, address, and status of employment.
- Input your passport number and upload document to inform your identity such as driver license, utility bill, or bank statement.
- Wait while your application is being reviewed. If the process went successfully, your new account will be ready in 36 hours.
- Log into your InstaReM account with the login credentials provided for you.
- Input the information about amount of transferred money, the aimed currency, and the bank details of your recipient.
- Choose to make bank transfer or to use payment provider from a third-party (POLI).
- Complete your order and wait until you transfer receipt to use as reference. It will typically take one work day to process your transfer from India to Singapore.
Isn’t the process on how to transfer money from India to Singapore simple enough? Due to the digital revolution, now you are able to transfer money across different countries easily and by only few clicks.