The official websites of our banks are said to be the most secure of all the online services that we use, not to mention the DBS website. Usually, any unsuccessful login attempts will block you, requiring you to contact customer service to verify your identity.
Suppose an unlawful person had your date of birth and your social security number. In that case, they might use those data to open a new credit card account on your behalf rather than stealing funds from your existing account. However, if they know your email address and get access to it, they might know your bank account.
To prevent any unwanted incident, it’s essential to update the email you use in your DBS internet banking account. Read on to find out how to change email address in DBS iBanking.
Update Email Address in DBS iBanking
Changing the email address that is connected with your DBS internet banking can be done in no time through DBS official website and mobile application.
Here is the step-by-step tutorial to update email address through the DBS website:
- Go to this site internet-banking.dbs.com.sg and log in to your account.
- Under the person icon at the top of the page, locate the Update Personal and Contact Details and click it.
- Enter your Six digits of iBanking secure password to log in.
- Input your New Email Address and verify it.
- Enable authorization and select Next.
- Input your iBanking secure PIN again and select Submit.
DBS Mobile Banking App
Here is how to change email address in DBS iBanking via mobile application:
- Make sure you have installed a digibank mobile app on your device.
- Log in to your account using your iBanking ID and PIN or Face/Touch ID.
- Select More and click Update Contact Details under the Your Profile option.
- Click on Personal and Contact Details and click Change” under the Your Email Address option.
- Enter your new email address and click Save.
- Click Confirm and verify the provided details, then click Confirm.
- In order to complete the change of your email address, follow the authentication instructions.
Tips to Secure DBS iBanking
You may also like : How to Change DBS iBanking Password
Remove Sensitive Data from Your Email
As mentioned above, your email address is not secure, especially the one you use to register internet banking service. Even if you use two-step verification and a strong password, chances are people might still be able to get access if your email ID isn’t encrypted.
There are at least three crucial things that you should not send to your email: your bank account numbers, social security numbers, and credit card numbers. To protect your email, use an encrypted phone and browser. Also, always delete any important email related to your bank right after you read it.
Use a Separate Email Address
It’s always a good idea to create another email address with a username that is difficult to identify and is specifically used to receive notifications from your bank.
Even though bank statements are not supposed to disclose account numbers, they show where you register your account. While someone might still be able to hack your DBS internet banking account, your email address isn’t accessible.