Established in 1935, United Overseas Bank (UOB) is the third-largest banking group in Singapore that also holds a title as one of the most generally used banks in the Asia-Pacific region.
It offers a comprehensive range of banking and financial services to personal and business customers.
How Do I Transfer Money from UOB to Overseas Bank
Suppose you need to make a fund transfer to another bank overseas. In that case, UOB may be one of the obvious choices that can facilitate the transaction in a convenient and secure manner. It’s because UOB is a multinational financial institution with an enormous global network covering 19 countries.
So, you can perform money transfer to almost any country across the globe. However, some of you might still question how do I transfer money from UOB to overseas bank? You can perform this transaction over the counter, via phone, or through your personal internet banking account if you have one.
Transfer Money from UOB to Overseas Bank via Internet Banking
Here is how to do an international fund transfer through UOB personal internet banking platform:
- Go to the official platform of UOB personal internet banking.
- Log into your account using your registered username and password.
- On the left side of the page, click on Payment and Transfer.
- Click on the Overseas Transfer option.
- Select an existing beneficiary account by clicking on the name of the account owner. If you want to add a new beneficiary, select the + symbol located in the top corner.
- Input the amount you would like to transfer.
- Select a UOB account where you want to debit from.
- Indicate your initials and the reason for the fund transfer.
- Click on Continue to continue with this overseas money transfer.
You may also like: How to Login UOB Internet Banking
Transfer Money from UOB to Overseas Bank via Phone
In addition to making international fund transfer through the UOB internet banking platform, you can also conduct this transaction via phone. Here is how to do it:
- If you live in Singapore, contact the hotline at 1800 222 2121. If you are abroad, contact the hotline at 65 6222 2121.
- Prepare the code for your phone banking access and the valid PIN for verification.
- Press 2 to get access to the UOB banking services.
- Press 1 to get access to the Current and Savings Account.
- Then, press 2 for international funds transfer.
You may also like: How to Transfer Money from UOB Singapore to Maybank Malaysia
Transfer Money from UOB to Overseas Bank via UOB Branch
If you are struggling and still questioning how do I transfer money from UOB to overseas bank, consider visiting the nearest branch of UOB. The staff will help you get the job done. However, in order to perform this transaction, you will need to:
- Get an international transfer form at the UOB branch and fill in the blanks with the correct details. The details you need to fill in are as follows:
- Your details: name, UOB account number, and valid residential address.
- Details of the beneficiary bank: SWIFT code, name and address of the bank, and intermediary banks, if there are any.
- Recipient’s details: the name of the account holder, account number, and any payment details, if available.
- Transfer details: remittance amount, code of the currency, and who will bear the charges.
- Hand the form to the bank teller along with your NRIC or passport as well as your ATM card or passbook.
- You will be notified once the transaction is approved.