PayNow is a safe and secure money transfer service that enables its customers to receive funds transfer into the bank account that is partnered with PayNow through mobile number and NRIC/FIN. If you are a customer of UOB in Singapore, you can register for the PayNow service.
With PayNow, the details of your bank account will be kept confidential. You simply need to use the mobile number, the NRIC of the recipient, virtual payment address for non-financial banking institutions, or through the company’s unique entity number to make a fund transfer transaction.
How to DeRegister PayNow In UOB
To apply for PayNow service, you should first have a personal internet banking account or UOB Mighty account. However, there are certain reasons that make you have to cancel your PayNow.
DeRegister PayNow In UOB via Intenet Banking
If you have no idea how to do this, below is the step-by-step guide on how to deregister PayNow in UOB:
- First, make sure you have a reliable browser and internet connection. Go to the official platform of UOB internet banking.
- Log into your account using your username and PIN or password. Click on Login.
- Click on the Accounts menu.
- Click on the PayNow drop-down menu and select the Manage PayNow Registration option.
- On the right side of the page, locate an icon of the bin and click it to deregister from the PayNow service.
- Select the Confirm green button to confirm the PayNow deregistration.
If you have UOB Mighty account, you can use this service to cancel your PayNow service.
Re-Registration PayNow In UOB via Mighty App
- Launch the UOB Mighty app.
- Log into your mobile banking account using your username and PIN.
- Tap the Pay and Transfer menu and select the PayNow option.
- Tap on Your Profile and choose the profile for the PayNow service you would like to cancel.
- Select the menu located on the right of the page and tap on Deregister.
- Select the Yes, deregister pop-up option to complete the request for deregistration.
You may also like: How to Change PayNow Name in UOB
Regardless of which platform you used to register for PayNow service with UOB, you can cancel your PayNow registration anytime you want through all the platforms provided by the bank. If you have changed your Unique Identifier or your PayNow ID or close your registered account, you must instantly deregister your PayNow service.
When you change your PayNow ID, you are responsible for informing people who know your PayNow ID to stop using your previous ID to prevent any damages. The UOB bank can also cancel the registration of your PayNow and you will receive an update of this request within two business days.
Your PayNow service will also be automatically deregistered by the bank when you make any changes to your NRIC/FIN or mobile number in your PayNow records with UOB. You will receive a notification regarding this deregistration within the next two business days. Once your PayNow is deregistered, you will no longer have the ability to receive fund transfers from other PayNow customers.