As a Singaporean and UOB customer, probably you are not foreign with something called as PayNow. PayNow is a seamless and cashless payment method that enables you to transfer funds just by using the payee’s phone number not their account number.
How to Register PayNow in UOB
Using this payment method, you can easily transfer fund from one person to another. Plus, it is considered to be more secure than the previously common way of transferring that uses bank account number.
To transfer and pay using PayNow, you need to register beforehand. However, how to register PayNow in UOB? To make PayNow integrated with your UOB bank account, you can do any of these procedures below.
Register PayNow via UOB Mighty
UOB Mighty is the mobile bank application of UOB Bank. To use this service, you need to download and install the application beforehand. A valid username and password are required to log in and use the service.
You may also like: How to Login UOB Internet Banking
- Launch the UOB Mighty app. Then, on the screen, find PayNow. Simply tap on it afterwards.
- Tap on PayNow. This can be found on the upper right part of your screen
- Select whether to register your mobile number only, NRIC/FIN number only, or both. Set your PayNow name as well.
- Continue by selecting on which account you want to receive the fund transferred to.
- Check the details of your setup. If you wish to read the Terms and Conditions, simply click on the link shown on the screen.
- Confirm the setup simply by swiping the Confirm button to the right.
- An OTP SMS will be sent to you. Key in this 6-digit code sent to you on your UOB Mighty App.
- The registration is complete. You can now transact using PayNow.
You may also like: How to Update Phone Number in UOB
Register PayNow via SMS
If you haven’t installed UOB Mighty on your phone, or maybe you feel it’s a waste of time since there are a lot of steps to take, you can consider this method. Registering for PayNow can be done simply by sending a SMS.
- Prepare your Birth Certificate, NRIC, or mobile number.
- Get your phone, and write a SMS to 71423 using any of these formats:
- PAYNOW <space> full alphanumeric characters of your birth certificate/NRIC <space> the last 4 digits of your account number <space> NRIC
- PAYNOW <space> full alphanumeric characters of your birth certificate/NRIC <space> the last 4 digits of your account number <space> Mobile
For example: PAYNOW T8293743Z 2009 NRIC or PAYNOW T8293743Z 2009 Mobile
If you choose to end the SMS prompt with Mobile, then you will be able to use PayNow using your registered phone number.
This method of how to register PayNow in UOB can also be done by parents who own Child Development Account (CDA) or Joint Savings Account who planned to set up a PayNow account for their child.
You may also like: How to Use PayNow in UOB
Aside from the aforementioned procedures of how to register PayNow in UOB, coming to the nearest UOB branch will also help. Although it means you have to queue, getting the customer service representatives help will give better assurance instead of registering for PayNow yourself. Therefore, choose any method that suits your needs.