Cash withdrawal is one of the most widely used services that every bank has to offer. Often, you will need to withdraw a considerable amount of money that is even bigger than most people would usually do.
If the sum you wish to withdraw is above the default daily limit, it will instead cause a failed financial transaction. In DBS/POSB bank, you are allowed to withdraw cash up to S$3,000 per day. Suppose you want to increase or even decrease the limit.
In that case, you will need to know how to change DBS/POSB ATM withdrawal limit to adjust it to the amount you are preferred the most.
Change DBS/POSB Withdrawal Limit Using Internet Banking
You can either increase or decrease the withdrawal limit of your DBS/POSB ATM card through internet banking. Here is the quick step-by-step tutorial you can follow:
- Go to the DBS/POSB bank’s internet banking platform and log in to your account using your User ID and Password.
- Complete the process of authentication.
- Click on Cards and select Change ATM Card Limit.
- Choose the card account you would like to change the withdrawal limit for.
- Tick the ATM Withdrawal Limit box.
- Indicate the daily limit amount you wish to update. You can change it into (maximum) S$5,000, S$2,000, S$1,000, S$500, or (minimum) S$0. Click on Next.
- Confirm the details of the application by ticking the agreement box.
- Click on Next and select Submit to complete your change of withdrawal limit application.
Update DBS/POSB Withdrawal Limit Using Mobile Banking
Alternatively, you can use a mobile banking application to decrease or increase your DBS or POSB card withdrawal limit. Here is how to change DBS/POSB ATM withdrawal limit using digibank mobile:
- Launch the mobile banking app and log in to your digibank account using your User ID and PIN or your Touch or Face ID.
- If you don’t have a DBS/POSB digibank mobile account, make sure to register first using your identity type, identity number, date of birth, card number, and PIN. How to Apply for POSB/DBS Internet Banking.
- Tap on More and click on ATM/Debit Card Limit under the Transfer Settings drop-down list.
- Select the Debit Card Limit option and choose which ATM or debit card you would like to update the cash withdrawal limit for.
- Indicate the daily limit amount you want to update. You can change it into (maximum) S$5,000, S$2,000, S$1,000, S$500, or (minimum) S$0. Tap on Next.
- Verify the details of the application and tap on Change Daily Limit Now to complete the process of your change of withdrawal limit request.
The process of changing your DBS/POSB ATM card withdrawal limit takes around one business day to be completed. Suppose you need an immediate update of the card limit.
You may also like: How to Make DBS Cashline Payment
In that case, it is best to visit the bank’s nearest Virtual Teller Machine (VTM) by bringing your identity card (NRIC or passport) and ATM/Debit card to apply for a quick update. Use the DBS/POSB locator service to locate the nearest VTM.