Mailing address is one important personal detail which is often required when opening an account. Why is this important? Some banks in some countries may not require it, as this regulation depends on each country’s policy. However, it can be said that all banks in Singapore require you to input the physical address as part of your personal identity.
The reason behind this is to ensure that the banking services are not misused. Plus, if something unwanted happen, the bank can search you up in the mentioned address. Other than that, it’s asked for correspondence purposes.
Given you’ve just moved into a new address, it’s advised that you update the address into your current one. However, how to change UOB mailing address?
How to Change UOB Mailing Address
According to the official website of UOB Bank, there are two stress-free methods of how to change your UOB mailing address: using the internet banking portal and mailing a form provided on the website. Aside from that, direct visit to the nearest branch can also be done to change your residential address.
Update UOB Mailing Address via Internet Banking
If your account has already linked to internet banking feature, you can do this procedure of how to change UOB mailing address:
- Log in to your UOB personal internet banking account. Don’t forget to use your valid username and password to ensure a successful log in.
- Choose My Profile.
- If you think you need to change some aspects of your address, then you can choose Change of Address tab.
- Enter your new address afterwards. Click Save the change.
Change UOB Mailing Address Using UOB Mobile App
- Login to UOB Personal Internet Banking.
- Click on the menu button located at the top left-hand corner of the page.
- From the drop-down, click on the XXXXX icon and select My Profile.
- Once authentication is complete, you will be directed to your Profile page. Choose Change of Address, you may update your address details here.
- After you have updated your address details, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save to complete the update.
Change UOB Mailing Address via Mail
The official website of UOB provides this form of Change of Address/Contact Details. According to the information shown on the website, you can use the same form to change your other contact details as well, such as email address and contact number.
Fill in the form properly first. After you fill in the form, you can later mail it to the address which is written on the form. Keep in mind that the change cannot be effective quickly.
You may also like: How to Get UOB Bank Statement
Update UOB Mailing Address via Direct Visit to The Nearest UOB Bank Branch
The last resort is to directly visit the nearest UOB branch to change your mailing address. Although it may seem like quite ineffective to only go to the bank just to change your mailing address, this will be the easiest method to use in order to change it since you can leave all the process to the customer service officer.
During the process, you might be given some sort of form to fill in. This form will prompt to include any altered contact details. Based on the information you provided in this form, the officer will then customize your current contact details.
Alright, those are three methods of how to change UOB mailing address. Which one that you think the easiest? Remember, it is important to notify your bank as soon as you have a change in your personal details.