In terms of internet banking, it is necessary that every user to be equipped with a token. Back then, physical token is way more popular. As time advances, physical token is changed to a digital one.
UOB Bank is also offering the same feature as well. However, not all people love the digitized token and think that physical token is way more trustable compared to the digital one.
How to Change UOB Device Token for Special Occasion
If you are one of the physical token squad, then you must wonder how to change UOB device token for several special occasion such as missing or broken one. The procedure of changing it is written as follows:
1. Direct Visit to The UOB Branch
One effective way of dealing with damaged or lost token is to visit the nearest branch to get a new one. Hence, you need to spare your time to travel to the nearest bank branch, getting in line, then tell the customer service officer that you’ve lost/damaged your physical token.
In general setting, you can directly be given a new physical token after completing specific procedure. However, it’s not impossible that the team will offer you to switch to the personalized, digitized token Mighty Secure. This is as secure as the physical token. Easy to use, and it doesn’t make you to bring a device since you can install it on your phone.
You may also like: How to Activate UOB Token
2. Change UOB Device Token via Internet Banking
In case you want no direct visit to the bank branch, another method of how to change UOB device token is to apply for its replacement online. How to do it?
- First, you need to log in first to your internet banking account. Then, find Apply For menu on the page.
- Click on it, and continue by selecting SecurePlus token application.
- Complete the whole processes and you will be notified for future process you need to take later.
While the first token is complimentary, it is important to note that you will be charged with some dollars if you request for a new SecurePlus token.
It will not only be another several bucks to spend, but you may also risk for losing/damaging your token in the future. Hence, the spending may be repeated.
You may also like: How to Apply UOB Internet Banking
Change UOB Device Token via Mighty App
This is why the bank offers digital token system. If you are an existing internet banking user, then you can apply for it directly through your Mighty app using this procedure:
- Access your UOB Mighty App and simply tap on Mighty Secure placed on the lower menu bar.
- Select Set up Mighty Secure.
- Choose your verification method afterwards. Following this process, you will need to verify with the methods you’ve chosen. Email and SMS OTP or Card and ATM PIN. Choose Email and SMS OTP.
- Mobile number verification comes next. Make sure the number you’ve input to the account is right and can accept Authorization SMS which will be sent soon.
- Continue by creating your digital token code. This Code is 6-digits All Numbers. Next, enable and activate the code. So, you can use the token to perform any transactions.
Well, those sum up the procedure of how to change UOB device token. To get your new device token, there are basically two methods. First, you can get the new device on the nearest UOB branch; or, simply apply for one via internet banking.