A bank GIRO transfer can be considered one of the most used services offered by the majority of financial institutions. It helps people make money transfers from one account to another account in different banks without using a physical check. It’s a highly convenient service.
Due to the many bills that you need to pay, you surely have a long list of GIRO transactions. However, some of them are not active anymore; it is best to terminate them. If you happen to have an OCBC account and wonder how to cancel GIRO payment OCBC, the following tutorials will guide you on how to do it.
Terminating OCBC GIRO Payment via Online Banking
Below is the tutorial to cancel your GIRO payment arrangement through internet banking:
- First off, go to the official website of OCBC Bank and log in to your account using your username and password.
- On the left side of the page, select the Payment and Transfer menu.
- Click on GIRO services and select the View GIRO Payments option.
- Go to the account you are using to apply for the GIRO arrangement.
- Click on GIRO arrangement and select the Terminate option. Now, your GIRO payment has been successfully terminated.
Via Mobile Banking
Here is the step-by-step on how to cancel GIRO payment OCBC through mobile banking:
- Keep in mind that this method is only applicable to those who already have OCBC mobile banking account. You simply need to launch the app and log in to your account using your user ID and password.
- Select the menu bar on the left side of the screen and tap on the Pay option.
- Tap on the GIRO services option and click on View or terminate GIRO.
- Follow the instructions to terminate your GIRO payment arrangement.
Alternatively, you can visit the nearest OCBC branch to cancel your GIRO arrangement or contact the customer service center at 1800 363 3333. In addition to this, you can file a request through email by submitting the GIRO termination form you are able to download at the bank’s official website.
You may like also: How to Cancel OCBC Credit Card
What to Know About OCBC GIRO Payment Termination
- You will only be able to cancel GIRO payments that are still active.
- The online cancelation service can be used every day between 5 a.m. up to 9.30 p.m. If you send your application between 9.30 p.m. up to 5 a.m., this application will not be accepted, and you are required to re-submit it.
- If the bills of your OCBC credit card have the same exact registration number as your Passport, FIN, or NRIC, the arrangements of all those cards will also be canceled once one of your GIRO arrangements is canceled.
- The GIRO arrangements that have been terminated will be shown on MB or INB for around 6 months. Then it will be automatically removed from the MB or INB.
- The application for your GIRO payment termination will immediately take effect if you conduct this process through mobile or internet banking.