Many people confuse ATM card registration with card activation. Both are entirely different things. If you are not activating your ATM card, you will not be able to make use of it, although your bank account remains active.
Debit card activation is really just one of the forms of security measures that your bank is taking. This procedure is conducted to give your account protection in case your ATM card is taken by someone, or you lost it.
If you open an OCBC account, you will definitely receive a debit or ATM card, and you need to activate it. To know how to activate OCBC ATM card, let’s delve into the following discussions.
Activate OCBC Debit Card via Mobile App
Here is the step-by-step tutorial on activating your OCBC ATM or debit card via mobile app:
- First and foremost, you need to download and install an OCBC mobile banking application to your device. You don’t need to have a mobile banking account to use this app.
- On the left side of the page, tap the menu bar and tap on the Card Services option.
- Click on the Activate credit/debit card option. Enter the six digits of the one-time password sent to your registered mobile phone number.
- Choose a debit or ATM card, input the expiry date of your card (look at the back section of the card), and click on Next.
- Read the terms and conditions, if needed. Select the Agree button if you accept the said terms and conditions. Select the Submit green button to enable your debit card.
You may also like: How to Check OCBC Transaction History
Activate OCBC Debit Card via Website
The followings are simple steps on how to activate OCBC ATM card via your computer browser.
- Go to the OCBC official website and log into your account by key in your access code and PIN.
- In the Customer service drop-down menu, click on Activate credit/debit card right under the Cards drop-down.
- Input the one-time password that has been sent to your registered mobile number and select the Submit button.
- Choose the card you would like to activate. Since you want to enable your OCBC ATM card, select Debit Card and key in the expiry date of the card. To find the expiration date, check the back or front side of the card. Usually, it consists of months and years.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully, if you must. If you accept it, click on Next. Now, your ATM card is successfully activated.
You may also like: How to Apply OCBC Internet Banking
Activate OCBC Debit Card for Overseas Use
- Log into OCBC internet banking using your access code and PIN. Click on Login.
- Head to the Customer service drop-down menu and select the Overseas card use right under the Cards drop-down menu.
- Input the six-digit one-time password you received on your mobile phone number. If you do not receive the OTP within two minutes, click on Resend. Select Submit.
- Select Shop purchases or ATM withdrawals or maybe both for activation.
- Enter From as well as Until periods by ticking the box and click on Next.
- Make sure the dates you are entered are correct and click Submit.
- Enter OTP again and click Submit. Now, you can use your OCBC ATM card for overseas use.