Many people often worry that they might still forget to pay monthly bills particularly bills for a credit card. Even if there are a number of ways to be performed so that they don’t forget to pay those bills, there is a possibility that you might still forget. As a result, you will need to pay for the late payment fees.
To avoid charges for late payment, it is highly advisable to apply for GIRO. It is a money transfer method where a bank will automatically transfer funds from one account to another without using physical checks. For instance, if you have POSB/DBS account, you first need to register for the GIRO service to make use of this service.
Set Up a GIRO POSB/DBS via Mobile Banking
Here is the step-by-step tutorial on how to apply for GIRO POSB/DBS through mobile banking:
- First and foremost, you need to download and install the POSB/DBS mobile banking application to your device. Log in to your account using your username and PIN.
- Click on Pay and select the Add GIRO Arrangement option.
- Key in the 6-digit mobile banking secure PIN that has been sent to your registered mobile number.
- Select the Billing Organization you would like to make payment to.
- Enter the Payment Limit amount you want to allow the Billing Organization you have selected to debit from your account number.
- Select the account you want to make a transaction from and click Next.
- Confirm the Details of the Transaction and click Submit.
Using the Card and PIN
Here is another method on how to apply for GIRO POSB/DBS:
- Go to internet-banking.dbs.com and select Set up GIRO Arrangement.
- Click on Use Card & PIN to set up the GIRO arrangement.
- Input your identity number, the last four digits of your card (debit or credit card), and your card PIN.
- Choose the Billing Organization you want to make payment to and input the Bill Reference Number.
- Enter the amount of Payment Limit and choose the account you would like to make the transaction from.
- Click Continue, confirm the Details of the Transactions, and click Submit.
You may also like: How to Change DBS Phone Number
What to Know About GIRO POSB/DBS Registration
Apart from using mobile banking and Card/PIN, you can also apply for GIRO by submitting a GIRO application form that you get from the corresponding Billing Organization. Also, there is some additional information you need to know regarding this service as mentioned below:
- The bank will verify your application immediately and submit it to the Billing Organization. If the submission is made through a Billing Organization, the application will be processed within seven working days.
- Contract your Billing Organization to know your GIRO status. But the bank will usually send all the clients SMS or an email about this service if you have applied for it.
- Keep paying your bills through another payment option if you haven’t got any notification regarding the approval of your GIRO application.