You may have just received a debit or credit card from OCBC Bank, but you will not be able to use it if you don’t activate your card. Even if you decide to not enable your card, you still need to pay all the related fees, and most likely, you will encounter fraud.
Although card activation doesn’t have a fixed time limit, it is best to activate your card as soon as possible. Suppose you do not plan to use the card. In that case, it’s highly recommended to immediately contact OCBC Bank by phone, in-person, or online to prevent any issues that may occur.
If you have no idea how to activate OCBC card on your own, below are the simple step-by-step tutorials you may follow.
Activate OCBC Credit Card through Online Banking
You don’t need to visit the OCBC branch to just simply activate your card. You can simply do it through your computer browser.
- Go to the OCBC official website and log in to your account using access code and PIN.
- Under the Customer Service drop-down menu, click on Activate Credit Card.
- Enter the expiry date of your credit card. The date is usually located on the back side of the card. Click on Next, and now, your credit card is successfully activated.
- Proceed to create the PIN for your credit card by heading to the Customer Service drop-down menu and select PIN Selection.
- Choose the card type and click on Next.
- Choose your card number and select Next.
- Input your new PIN and confirm the new PIN. Select on Next.
- Key in the one-time password that has been sent to your mobile number. Now, your credit card is ready for use.
Activate the Credit or Debit Card through SMS
Enabling your OCBC card requires you to first create your online banking account. Alternatively, you are still able to activate your card via SMS.
Here is the format on how to activate OCBC card through SMS:
– ACT space <your NRIC or Passport> <last four digits of your card number> send it to 72323.
Ex: ACT S384726S 4321
If you currently are overseas, send the message to +65 9327 2323
You may also like: How to Activate OCBC ATM Card
Activate the Credit or Debit Card Via Mobile Banking
When you receive a replacement for your expired debit or credit card, you are also required to activate it. Also, if you have OCBC mobile banking account, the activation process is much more manageable. Here is how to do it:
- Launch the OCBC mobile banking application and log into your account using your access code and PIN.
- Select the menu on the left side of the screen and click on Card Services.
- Select Activate credit/debit card and key in the 6-digit one-time password you receive.
- Choose the card you wish to activate and key in its expiry date. Click on Next.
- Click on Agree if you accept the provided Terms and Conditions. Select Submit to activate your OCBC card.